Friday, June 27, 2008

There is nothing to say.

There are no words, no thoughts, no expression that can encompass the pain when a family member commits suicide.

A cousin, a few years younger than I. Such an amazing artist who would not let the world view the passion within. A life written in lyrics to personal to share.

So much loss.

Suicide is a black hole of emotion that consumes anyone near. Pointless thoughts of what would have made a difference. Parents fed through a shredder but not allowed to die with the child. Suicide ends nothing.

There is no noble cause to comfort family. No villain to punish. No accident to blame. There is nothing but pain.

I suppose there are twelves steps or something. Life does go on, but not today.

9 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, Gail. I'm so sorry.

Kealie Shay said...

Oh, Gail! There truly are no words to make this less painful.

Just know that I am so sorry, and that my heart goes out to you and your family.

Chris M. said...

Oh my goodness, Gail! I know it's not much, but I am so very sorry.

(((hugs)))

~ChrisMM

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Lucy

Gail said...

Thank you all. Simply hearing/reading your kind thoughts is a special medicine. Any heavy load shared becomes lighter. Women have always known this, men are learning.

Thirty eight is too young to give up. To old not to know what it would mean.

Thank you again.

Linda said...

Hugs Gail. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Gail, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs!
Georgia

Anonymous said...

Deepest condolences from Chuck and me. I love you, hon.

Anonymous said...

Gail, I am so sorry to hear that.....and I wish I didn't understand so well. I am 39 and when I was 15 my boyfriend, who I had just broken up with, commited suicide while I was on the phone with him. Not one day has passed since that I don't think about it. However, I no longer drive myself insane wondering what I could have done or said to stop it. I realized (with the help of some professionals my parents insisted on) this was his choice and he gave nobody else a say so in it. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Darlene